Find Out What Everyone Should Know Before Making Any Decisions About Divorce in Israel, Before Hiring an Attorney to Represent them in a Divorce Proceeding, and Before Signing any Legal Forms.
Register here for the
"Overview of Israeli Divorce Law
in Corona-virus Times and Beyond"
- EXCLUSIVE WEBINAR!
When: Pre-Recorded Event - Register and Watch Anytime
Why: To help fulfill our two missions at Hait Law Offices – Helping You Make Great and Informed Decisions about Your Legal Issues, and Helping You to Prepare Before Making any Life Altering Decisions so That You Get the Best Possible Outcome for Yourself and Your Family.
100% FREE information-packed webinar on what to expect if you are an Anglo Israeli and are considering getting divorced.
Webinar Presenter: Attorney Jay Hait
Attorney Jay Hait is putting on a resource-packed one-half-hour EXCLUSIVE WEBINAR on how the Israeli Family law system works. Jay will provide a simple framework to empower you to make good decisions by helping you: 1. To understand what issues have to be addressed in any divorce between Jewish spouses in Israel; 2. To understand where and why which issues of your case will be heard (i.e. in the Family or Rabbinic courts); 3. To see how where your case is heard can affect the final outcome of your divorce; and 4. To organize yourself both to help you to make a decision on whether or not divorce is right for you, and if so to be prepared to get the best financial outcome in the event that you do get divorced. Jay will offer his unique perspective having gone through the ‘dark side’ of the system himself and having come out on the other side with custody of his three children (then aged 4, 7, and 10). Finally, Jay will equip you with the knowledge about the procedure which will enable you to try to negotiate with your spouse from a position of strength AFTER YOU have set the stage by filing the paperwork that will enable you to determine which court will decide which issues, inasmuch as legally possible.
Who is this for?
- If you are married and have been unhappy in your marital relationship, but do not want to make any haphazard decisions which could potentially have a negative effect on the rest of your life and/or your children's lives.
- If you are afraid that your spouse is getting ready to start the divorce process and you don't know if it will put you at a legal disadvantage if s/he files first.
- If you are from an English-speaking country and want to learn more about how the divorce regime works in Israel (hint hint: don't think that the divorce process in Israel works the same way that is works in your original home country).
- If you think that you may want to try to handle getting divorced by yourself, but aren’t sure how the process works.
- If you are not certain if you need to hire an attorney.
- If you plan to hire an attorney for your case.
This is Israeli Divorce Law 101, and will provide you the foundation of understanding what will happen in your case should you and/or your spouse decide to make a move to get divorced. Our goal is to help you feel more confident about what’s happening “behind the scenes” in the process.
Who is this NOT for?
- It’s not for you if you and your spouse do not have any marital discord.
- It’s not for you if you don't believe in divorce and if your spouse does – you are willing to let your spouse divorce you and are willing to agree to his or her terms – whatever they may be.
- It’s not for you if you are seeking specific legal advice about your claim. Jay is here to educate attendees, not to represent you.
Register today for this exclusive webinar!
What will you learn in this webinar?
In this webinar, Jay Hait, an experienced family lawyer and divorce lawyer in Israel will give you an overview as to how the divorce regime in Israel works. He will talk about issues like child custody, child support payments (and calculation thereof) and division of assets and debts that were acquired during the course of the marriage. Further, he will address the two competing court systems with jurisdiction over divorce issues – the Family courts and the Rabbinic courts and will discuss how to navigate your particular case so that it gets heard in the court that is most beneficial for you. Jay will briefly look at how the system has adapted during the corona-virus crisis, and will discuss whether or not the changes are good or bad and whether or not he thinks that the changes are here to stay or not. Jay will talk about some of the cases that his office has handled in order to show you some real life examples of how things work, and will offer to give you – at no charge – a free tool which will help you to evaluate whether or not divorce is the right path for you, and at the same time will enable you to organize yourself properly so that you can get the best possible results in the event that you do decide to get divorced.
After the webinar, you will be offered the opportunity to speak with Jay or somebody on his staff in order to get help evaluating your particular fact situation (by pre-booked telephone appointment). During that conversation you will have the opportunity to talk about your particular situation and to get a professional opinion on what your rights are and to get a recommendation on what the best course of action for you is in order to achieve your goals.